Monday 16 April 2012

Operation Organise My Life

Today was the first day of a new regime in this household. Drawing from the chore list of a, um, infamous-in-certain-circles group of women I created a weekly job chart.

Why couldn't I just get on with it? Well, for starters I'm an obnoxious mix of OCD and pathological laziness. I get twitchy when things aren't right, but on the other hand I can't be arsed to move from the sofa. I figure that having a list (on a spreadsheet no less!) that I can cross off will keep me motivated. It should, theoretically, also mean that the basics get done so regularly that I also have time to spend on the not-so-basics. I don't think I'll list them, as my non-basics are probably at the top of your must do list!

Each item on the list has been designed to fit into no more than a 15-30 minute time frame, which is ideal for getting done between wiping bottoms, feeding babies and watching back episodes of The Bill.

To be perfectly honest, some of my jobs got left until my husband got home as I was indisposed between 10.30am and 3pm but as they're designed to be quick jobs, it was easy to whizz through them while he took the tribe to buy milkshake and tin foil (rock and roll!).

Tomorrow's list is slightly longer as Pixie is off at nursery for half a day so (theoretically) I should get more done. It's also bin night. If they don't come and get the plastics on Wednesday we're in trouble - were overrun!

No comments:

Post a Comment